The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
On this regard, CHAD Int’l therefore seeks a competent person to fill below position:
Job Title: Assistant M&E Officer
Contract type: Fixed
Duration: 12 months with possible extention
- CHAD is looking for an Assistant Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for our area office in Borno state, North-East Nigeria.
- The role of the Assistant M&E Officer is to support, establish and implement systems that promote evidence-based decision-making, program and project performance, and internal management.
- S/he will contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on program scale, relevance, and effectiveness.
- Within this context, the officer (Assistant M&E) will assist in providing technical support to the program staff pertaining to M&E and build capacity in the region by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost-efficient and meaningful M&E systems. The assistant M&E officer is to reports to the M&E manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Line management for project staff assist the process to establish regional office program level M&E and accountability (Community Accountability Response Mechanism) systems.
- Assist in the development of guidance and frameworks for the office procedures, policies and processes. S/he will work in institutionalizing and supporting M&E programs.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including the theory of change development, log frame design, and budgeting for M&E.
- Participate in the regional office for strategy discussions to ensure M&E remains a high priority in CHAD’s Programme.
- Support M&E Manager, technical advisors, project and area managers in planning and standardizing M&E across projects.
- Encourage and support the absorption of lessons and recommendations at the office, and emerging from various AO (grant reviews, after-action reviews, grant closures) and CO events (evaluations, assessments, technical visits, learning reviews)
- Facilitate data analysis and improving program staff data literacy (and usage of the institutional platform geared toward this) that supports strategic decision making.
- Encourage community meetings/orientations at the project start-up.
- Supervise and support in executing M&E plans, and accountability systems of CHAD Int’l.
- Support M&E manager, project managers through the development of data collection methodology, tools, and systems for on-going data analysis.
- Assist to develop a data management system for Programme and M&E data tool for project.
- Ensure that monitoring data are fed into management decisions and used in Programme management.
- Assist in internal improvement processes (M&E matrixes, Macro Log Frames etc.) according to need.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in creating and leading the implementation of M&E systems for an NGO
- Must possess a relevant Degree from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an emergency or post-conflict setting
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- High-level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing) and the knowledge of native language( Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa) is a plus
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
- The knowledge of EMR (LAMIS) and ODk tools for data collection will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit no more than 3-page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to “Human Resource Officer” and submit to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
- CHAD Intl is an equal opportunity employer. CHAD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to sex, disability, religion, tribe among others.
- All employees of CHAD Int’l will to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
Application Deadline 19th July, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.