Facebook – Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Over 2 billion people use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or Messenger every month to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.
Facebook is defined by our unique culture – one that rewards impact. We encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. We work in small teams and move fast to develop new products, constantly iterating. The phrase “this journey is 1% finished” reminds us that we’ve only begun to fulfill our mission.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Public Policy Manager, EMEA, WhatsApp
- WhatsApp Inc., a subsidiary of Facebook, is seeking a Public Policy Manager to support WhatsApp’s policy strategy and engagement in the EMEA region. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to make an impact as part of a small, nimble team serving more than 2 billion people around the world.
- The role requires significant experience either working with or in government, politics or a regulatory agency, as well as the ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of internet and telecommunications policy issues, including security, privacy, and user safety.
- They should also have excellent writing and analytical skills. The Public Policy Manager will report into WhatsApp’s Director of Public Policy for EMEA and will work closely with the Facebook policy team and other relevant teams at Facebook.
- This role can be based anywhere in EMEA.
Public Policy Manager, EMEA, WhatsApp Responsibilities
- Identify, monitor and analyse policy issues affecting WhatsApp in the EMEA region
- Identify proactive strategies to solve policy challenges
- Engage and build relationships with policymakers
- Represent WhatsApp in meetings with regional government officials and elected members
- Build coalitions with other regional organisations to advance WhatsApp’s policy goals
- Design and lead innovative regional programs and campaigns to shape the public and political climate of opinion around WhatsApp
- Work with the global team to develop WhatsApp policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings
- Advise internal WhatsApp teams and leadership on regional public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- Communicate WhatsApp’s positions at public events in the region
- Significant work experience, including experience managing strategic outreach with diverse stakeholders within policy advocacy or in a government position
- Degree or advanced degree in a related field
- Keen understanding of, and interest in, public policies related to technology, privacy and safety
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Experience executing cross-functional campaigns
- Strong teamwork experience and proven track record of collaborative approach to problem solving
- Willingness to travel frequently (when company travel resumes)
- Good judgement, determination, perseverance and a sense of humour under pressure
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Job Title: UX Researcher, Mixed Methods, New Product Experimentation
- The New Product Experimentation (NPE) team builds standalone apps and experiences that explore user behaviors and needs that are mission aligned but not covered by Facebook’s existing product portfolio. Our goal is to innovate from within Facebook by testing and iterating on a diverse set of products, each with their own hypotheses, people problems and target audiences, that can eventually mature into meaningful new opportunities for Facebook. One area we are focusing is building impactful zero to one products that solves important people problems in Nigeria (as well as adjacent markets). This position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- As a researcher supporting NPE’s Nigeria products, you’ll have the opportunity to partner closely with our tightly integrated teams that have significant freedom to operate with the time, people and space necessary to conceive, build and launch entirely novel standalone apps and/or experiences in Nigeria. Research is paramount to the NPE’s success; and formative research is crucial for identifying the right latent needs to tackle, and evaluative research is needed to identify opportunities to improve and prepare our products for the market.
- For this role, we are looking for experienced researchers with a mixed methods background, including both qualitative and some quantitative methods, integrating diverse sources of insights together. The right candidate will have a proven track record of impactful and creative research using both qualitative and quantitative methods, excellent communication and collaboration abilities, passion for solving important problems for underserved populations, and comfort operating in a flat and fast-moving organization.
UX Researcher, Mixed Methods, New Product Experimentation Responsibilities
- Work closely with NPE’s Nigeria product teams to identify and prioritize research topics
- Design primary research that address both user behaviors and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate the user experience
- Deliver actionable insights and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Conduct research using a variety of methods based on the research questions, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Effectively manage and prioritize research plans through ambiguous and fast-changing environments
- Collaborate closely with other researchers
- Masters degree in Human Behavior related fields including HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Anthropology
- 4+ years experience in applied product research
- Experience executing hands-on primary research
- Experience with different research methods, leading with qualitative methods (IDIs, focus groups, ethnography, co-creation) as well as survey design and response effects
- Experience asking, prioritizing and successfully answering key questions for the business to drive product decisions
- 5+ years experience in applied product research
- Experience using SQL/Hive, Python and/or R
- Experience with applied statistics
- Experience as a researcher supporting early stage, zero to one products
- Experience working on commerce, social or education products
- Expertise on Nigerian market
- Ability to speak 1 or more local languages in Nigeria
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (~25%)
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.