Apply for Latest Career Opportunities at Covenant University
Covenant University is a private Pentecostal Christian University, which has been operating with official status since 2002 in Ota, Nigeria.
Covenant University is one of the leading universities in Africa found on Christian Mission Ethos. Born and driven by a vision to raise a new generation of leaders and to reinstate the dignity of the black race, the University is committed to remain at the cutting-edge of learning that is based on enlightening the Total Man.
The university has four colleges, mostly dedicated towards vocational studies: The College of Business and Social Sciences; College of Leadership and Development Studies; College of Engineering, and the College of Science and Technology.
Covenant University has had a rapid rise in reputation in the decade and a half it has been operating. The Nigerian Universities Commission named it the best private university in Nigeria in its 2018 rankings and the 6th best university overall.
Applications are invited for suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Professors/Associate Professors & Senior Lecturers in the following
Colleges / Departments / Programmes.
College of Science & Technology (CST)
A. School of Natural and Applied Sciences
- Industrial Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Management Information System
B. School of Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Industrial & Production Engineering
- Materials & Metallurgical Engineering
C. School of Environmental Sciences
- Estate Management
- Building Technology
- Surveying & Geo-Informatics
- Quantity Surveying
College of Development Studies (CDS)
A. School of Business
- Banking & Finance
- Business Administration
- Industrial Relations & Human Resource Management
B. School of Social Sciences
- Demography & Social Statistics
- International Relations
- Policy & Strategic Studies
- Political Science
- Public Administration
C. School of Human Development
- Mass Communication
Qualifications and Requirements
In all cases, candidates are required to possess appropriate skills and orientations for their respective disciplines as well as possess teaching abilities with adequate research experience.
1.) Professor: Ph.D degree with specialization in the discipline applied for with evidence of academic leadership in terms of publications, project design execution and monitoring, etc.
Also, required is at least 10 years post qualification, full time, relevant teaching and research experience. Research-active Professors who meet prescribed internationally recognized contributions are moved to Research Scholar Scale which offers internationally competitive remuneration to such grade of academics.
2.) Associate Professor (Reader): Same as for Professors but with at least 8 years post- qualification, full time, relevant teaching and research experience.
3.) Senior Lecturer: Same as for Professors but with at least 5 years post-qualification, full time, relevant teaching and research experience.
Remuneration and Other Conditions of Service
Our total package is aimed at motivating faculty to being their best. The University goes to any length to offer a globally-competitive, career- fulfilling package which is arguably one of the best in the world.
Special package also awaits Faculty from the Diaspora.
The University in addition provides the following conditions of service:
- An encompassing and empowering (physical, moral and spiritual) environment that allows focus and concentration;
- Maintenance of a stable academic calendar
- Well-stocked Library with current publications (books, journals and multimedia centre)
- State-of-the-art Laboratories, Workshops and specialized Facilities
- Full internet services
- Sponsorship of International and Local Conferences
- Research and Development Grants
- Support for continuous academic and professional development
- Openness to international collaborations with other institutions
- 24-hour Campus security and intelligence crew
- 24-hour electricity and water supply
- Residential arrangement for both staff and students, etc.
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2021
Method of Application:
Interested candidates for the positions advertised should submit ten (10) copies of their applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae stating their:
- Names, dates of birth, states of origin/nationality, marital status, etc.
- Institutions attended (with dates).
- Academic and professional qualifications (with dates), honours, distinctions and membership of learned societies and professional associations or affiliations.
- Statement of personal research focus and Institutional academic development plan.
- Working experience.
- Present employment.
- Employment status.
- Salary and employer.
- Extracurricular activities.
Names and addresses of three (3) Referees (one of whom must, where appropriate, be the Head of the applicant’s current place of employment); and 2 of the 3 referees should make specific statements on the competence base of the candidate’s research and academic pedigree; and three (3) sets of credentials.
Applications should be submitted within 16th July, 2014, either directly to the Registrar’s Office or by postage in a sealed envelope indicating at the top the post applied for. In addition, a soft copy should be forwarded to “email@example.com”.
Km 10, Idiroko Road, Canaan Land,
P.M.B 1023, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
- • We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
- • We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- • Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- • We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- • Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- • Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- • Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Recruitmenttable.com is a job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants. Recruitmenttable.com is not an agent of this organization, we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
Recruitmenttable admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code.
Our services are absolutely free of charge.
Beware of fraudsters