Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: General Hospital Anka, Zamfara
Employment Type: Contract
Slots: 4 (3 + 1 Adhoc Position)
Duration: 3.5 months (Mid-March – June: dates to be confirmed)
Main Objective and Responsibility
- Conduct research activities at the Anka General Hospital.
Description of the Responsibilities / Activities
- Administering consent and assent forms
- Complete the research questionnaire on data entry tablets
- Conduct oral exams, measuring weight, height and MUAC.
- Nursing degree and registration
- Candidate must be a qualified nurse.
The following previous experience would be desirable:
- Work with noma patients
- Operational research
- Data entry on tablets
- Conducting oral exams
- Experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- Fluent Hausa and English (reading, writing and speaking) is essential.
- Computer literacy, interviewing techniques, understanding of anthropometric measurements.
- Good interpersonal skills, attention to detail, ability to manage many tasks at one time.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 6th March, 2021.
Job Title: Mental Health Supervisor
Location: Gambaru-Ngala, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health / pycho-social related services in the programme in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health activity manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
- Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psycho social needs
- Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
- When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
- Compile the data and statistic linked with MH activities and report to the MH activity manager
- Offer clinical counselling supervision to mental health counsellors in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
- Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential
- Degree in Pycho-social or related field essential.
- Psycho-social counselling experience of at least 2 years.
- English language essential, local language – Hausa/Kanuri desirable
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork
- Candidate applying must have a valid National Identity Card issued by NIMC & a BVN number
N300,000 – N350,000 / Month
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (English only) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Mental Health Supervisor” as subject of the email.
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID card.
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Application Deadline 8th March, 2021
Job Title: Flying Watsan Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Report to: (Hierarchical) Deputy Logco
Report to (functional): Logistics Coordinator
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
Contract Duration: 3 (three) Months Renewable
- Supporting the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (Watsan) Manager in the implementation and supervision of Watsan activities, including tools and materials employed according to MSF standards and protocols, in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities in all projects, including but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the Watsan teams to guarantee the operational quality of each project;
- Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities;
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, ensure that each project is keeping has a minimum required material and check monthly consumptions, etc.);
- Supporting the Mission in ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training).
- Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits
- Supporting the Mission in the team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informing and involving the Deputy LogCo in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, tasks definition and internal and external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Be able to assess WASH activities and define activities to be implemented in the project or area of Assessment for WATSAN interventions.
- Revises and refreshes knowledge of the logistic staff on watsan topics in order to ensure proper monitoring and supervisions of the watsan related duties in projects.
- Ensures that the essential requirements and protocols are in place and work on their implementation..
- Provides full WATSAN support to projects whenever necessary.
- Networking with other WASH organisation in Borno State and other places where Nimert areas of interventions.
- Ensure good knowledge of WASH stocks from other INGOs in Borno state.
- Be a custodian of WASH activities in MSF spain mission
- Provide Trainings and Regular support for WASH activities in projects.
- Education: Technical diploma, desirable specialization in water and sanitation
- Experience: Previous experience in technical works and organising of multiple activities, preferably within MSF or similar work environment
- Languages: Mission language essential, local language desirable
- Knowledge: Computer literacy
- Results and Quality Orientation – L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation – L2
- Behavioural Flexibility – L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles – L2
- Stress Management – L3
Job Title: Flying Electrician
Location: Maiduguri – With support to Borno, Yobe, Zamfara and any other intervention as needed.
Report To: Logistics Coordinator
Report To (Functional): Deputy Logistics Coordionator
Working Hours 48 Per Week
Contract Duration: 6 Months
- Performing autonomously, complex / advanced installation and maintenance of electrical and other energy systems in all MSF facilities across the mission (offices, health structures, warehouses, etc., according MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper functioning and maintenance of MSF equipment and installations.
- Ensuring all electrical installations in MSF facilities comply with MSF standards and performing autonomously and ensuring, all necessary complex / advanced electrical installations, maintenance and repairs, according to the supervisor’s instructions. This includes the following tasks :
- Carrying out critical rehabilitation tasks and corrective maintenance interventions and the coordination and execution of required tasks as well as installation of needed electrical equipment as defined by each project. Elaborating the necessary documentation for carrying out energy installations projects (plans, list of materials, etc.)
- Carrying out and updating the electrical installations inventory in MSF missions’ facilities and performing regular maintenance procedures and safety checks across facilities in the project. Executing any needed tests after any repair or maintenance.
- Identifying local technical actors, and organizing their participation in the project (training of technical staff, establishing relations with local companies, contractors and suppliers, quotations, contracts, etc.)
- Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations and equipment and assisting logistics department with any urgent support/advice or any relative work needed
- Managing the stock of consumable items related to electrical installation, repairs and maintenance, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage
- Responsible for the equipment and tools (including extinguishers), checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed and prepares needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- To Carry out electrical rehabilitation works in projects and capital and ensure electricity safety standard.
- Train Project Technician minimum electrical safety & standard.
- Evaluate together with Electricity manager Power supply needs for each premise in project and capital
- Ensure that quality electrical materials are installed in MSF buildings.
- Give guidance to Supply team for procurement of electrical materials.
- Able to translate the electrical drawings given to carry out electrical installations.
- Define together with Logistics managers the stock of Electrical materials per project.
- Education: Essential Electrician diploma or recognized formal training
- Experience: Previous working experience as an electrician required (minimum 2 years’ experience)
- Languages: English and Hausa
- Competencies: Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Service Orientation and Stress Management.
NGN3,014,622 – As per the MSF salary scale (National contract)
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV, motivation letter, copies of credentials and copy of the NYSC certificate (only PDF or Word) by email to:
email@example.com (in the subject, please put the position you are applying for).
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 11th March, 2021.