Alkanes Petroleum & Gas Limited is an indigenous Petroleum Marketing Company with head office based in Lagos, Nigeria and operates in the downstream segment of the Oil & Gas Industry. We intermediate between Petroleum Refineries / Trading Companies and Petroleum Product Users in Sub – Saharan Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Executive
Employment Type: Full-time
Key Performance Deliverables
- Responsible for creating business opportunities for Alkanes Petroleum & Gas Ltd by engaging proactively with all the industry stakeholders and clients.
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Responsible for researching organizations and individuals for new opportunities for the company in Lubricants, Gas, AGO, PMS etc.
- Responsible for researching client business referrals, network, and leads; providing prospective customers/clients with all products/services offered.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Coordinating sales at the company’s depots and third party/ throughput depots.
- Preparing and submitting daily sales report for all the products on sale.
- Reconciling our daily product position with the accounts, marketers and depots.
- Negotiating contract terms with clients and communicating with stakeholders.
- Monitoring and following-up on established sales leads.
- Continuously scanning for business opportunities in the industry.
- Promptly translating opportunities to tangible business.
- Proactively sourcing information, facilitating access to information and promptly as well as pragmatically coordinating information flow to the Line Manager.
- Performing any other functions as may be assigned by the Line Manager.
Key Performance Indicators
- 24/7 hours responses to calls from clients on business development (Quotes/Requests)
- 90% successful budget management
- 48 hours resolution of all relevant complaints from customers and or third party
- 80% success of new business opportunities identified
- Increase market share by at least 20%
- Increase profitability by at least 12%
- Education Qualification: B.Sc / B.A
- Professional Qualification: Relevant Certifications
- Experience (Years): 3-5 years in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Age: Not more than 35 years
Organizational Skills/ Competencies:
- Experience in sales of Petroleum product at the depot (or any other FCMG)
- Experience in trading dynamics of LPG, ATK or LUBRICANTS
- Basic knowledge of the workings of regulatory agencies in the industry
- Ability to present reports using Microsoft Office Tools
Technical/ Managerial Skills:
- Ability to manage difficult customers
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to communicate an energetic and clear strategic vision
- Written and spoken communication skills that allows you inform and advise others clearly
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Planning, Organization and Drive
- Strategic and Creative Thinking
- Teamwork and Relationship Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 29th December, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.