Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand to Store Area Sales Representative
Employment Type: Full-time
- JForce is a physical sales and marketing channel.
- JForce is:
- A network of 80,000 sales consultants placing orders on Jumia on behalf of other people. On each order they place, they earn a commission.
- A network of 100 offline stores where customers can come Place & Collect orders
- The objective through this network is to overcome e-commerce main challenges of internet access, how to place an order online and trust. Therefore, JForce is a key acquisition channel for new customers, partners, and sellers.
- Finally, JForce program has the aim of empowering entrepreneurs and generating employment through the full support of Jumia established a brand.
- Jumia JForce team is there to lead the consultant network to grow through marketing and commercial initiative.
- Jumia through JForce is launching a new business line to support brands reach retailers in a more efficient way. Jumia will act as a distributor, allowing retailers to buy their full assortment at distributor price.
- With the support of Area sales representatives, Jumia will acquire & train stores to Jumia e-commerce platform.
- The JForce brand to store Area Sales Representative will be responsible for kicking off a new business line delivering world-class customer experience to stores thanks to a deep understanding of the offline retail industry and Jumia.
- The JForce Store Recruiter will report into Head of Brand to Store and will work closely with the Head of Offline Sales.
Your position as JForce Brand to Store Area Sales Representative entails:
- Identification and recruitment of new Stores in your given location.
- Support recruited stores to place orders on Jumia platform.
- Train the stores on all Jumia dimension (e.g. delivery timeline, how to place an order, how to track the order, etc.).
- Management of performance and relationship with the network of stores (drive sales and autonomy)
- Daily reports on the performance vs target and action to be taken during the week.
- Propose innovative processes involving marketing push and communication channels to improve delivery on growth objectives.
- Drive autonomy within your network of stores. The objective is that stores place orders by themselves.
- Collection of data about the store (e.g. location, type of business, size, brands available, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Nigerian offline market (both grey and structured)
- Resistant to stress
- Performance-driven, action & result oriented.
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate, convince & train stores to place orders through Jumia.
- Very strong sales skills to lead negotiation and deliver on objectives.
- Fast learner and well organized
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.