Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Manager
Position Reports to: Director, Finance and Operations
- The Administrative Manager reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and will be responsible for providing administrative oversight at Jhpiego country office based in Abuja.
- He/she will be responsible for providing technical support to administrative team members in all Jhpiego field offices.
- The Administrative Manager will ensure that all administrative reports follow Jhpiego and donors’ rules and regulations, as well as other applicable approved procedures at all times.
- The Administrative Manager will be responsible for ensuring cost consciousness, efficiency of administrative operations and maintaining an on-site administrative system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of country office operations
- Ensure country office administration run smoothly to support effective and efficient program implementation
- Ensure effective and efficient logistics and facility management systems for the smooth running of country office and program activities
- Responsible for supporting logistics team members in reporting operational usage of vehicle fleet and other facility equipment
- Adhere strictly with compliance indicators for field administrative operations. Track and report exceptions
- Coordinate with supervisor to identify areas of improvements in administrative processes
- Ensure documentation of administrative procedures are complete and available for audit and all third-party reviews.
- Develop and implement capacity building plans for all official drivers of Jhpiego’s vehicles
- Ensure prompt renewal and management of all facility related leases
- Manage all processes for importation/international shipment of goods on behalf of Jhpiego
- Develop and implement administrative protocols that complies with USAID and Jhpiego regulations and standards
- B.Sc. in Business Administration, Public Administration, or relevant field. Master’s degree is highly desired
- Professional Certification in Project Management is an added advantage.
- Practical understanding and application of donor regulations in large and complex projects is highly desired
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in the use of fleet management and reporting software.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of demonstrated administrative experience within an international not-for-profit organization.
- Previous experience in a PEPFAR award is highly desired
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of database applications, MS Word, and Excel etc.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Administrative Manager, Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Application Deadline 20th September, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.