The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Department: Finance / Admin.
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Report to (Supervisor): Finance Officer
- This position is a local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The Office Assistant will Provide general administrative and clerical support to the project during training and workshops. He will also provide logistical support by arranging program logistics needs.
- Support in the coordination of office management, activities, and programs in the project office.
- Carry out the filing of relevant materials and project documents.
- Coordinate transport of training equipment and materials to venues ready for use.
- Tracking project pending actions, including following up/reminding concerned staff.
- Update project operations files and staff contact list.
- Providing logistics and other support to program implementation
- Provide administrative support to program teams based in the project communities.
- Tracking and ensuring participants in training events sign attendance.
- Conducting and reporting pre-training venue inspections and work with hotel staff to prepare venues as required.
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the supervisor.
- Degree in Social, Business Management, Public Administration, or equivalents.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience with an NGO.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Submit their resumes, cover letters, and references on a single file in a word document or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position being applied for as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at: www.aun.edu.ng
Application Deadline 15th October, 2021.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.