Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Career Level: Mid-Level
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting and Supervision: The Administrative Officerwill report to the Finance and Operations Manager
Terms and Conditions: The appointment will be for a one year, renewable based on funding and performance.
- Nuru Nigeria is seeking an Administrative Officer who will provide support in a variety of administrative and office functions.
- This position requires knowledge of organisational and departmental policies and procedures in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services.
- This position will develop intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control of office supplies, utility staff supervision, coordination between NN and consultants.
- Energetic and experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well-grounded in NGO program support.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Organize office operations and procedures.
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing and other important data.
- Manage vehicle fleets and staff movement
- Management of staff travels; flight and hotel bookings, review perdiem, facilitate reimbursement on incidentals, ensure proper retirement of any travel advance.
- Manage all NN logistics process to ensure efficient and effective operational support to programs which includes arrangement for hotels, transportation, meeting supplies, etc.
- Facilitate conference logistics and administrative arrangements
- Manage NN Assets List/Inventory Record, ensuring that records are up to date
- Regularly Liaise with Security Team on NN facility Inspection.
- Set-up and maintain filling system relevant to assigned administrative functions
- Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains departmental policies when necessary.
- Provide support to receiving deliveries of supplies and materials by confirming goods receipt against invoice or contract specifications.
- Identify appropriate office space in conjunction with the field staff, procurement, and Security.
- Track all leases for leased office space, including timely renewal and termination.
- Work with the NN legal Adviser to get lease agreement signed by the NN and House Owner.
- Liaise with landlords on issues concerning the lease agreement as they arise.
- Ensure all NN offices are opened and close and are equipped with the necessary supplies, materials, equipment and other resources needed for a functioning office.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by Finance & Operations Manager.
- B.Sc or Post graduate Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Public Administration or any related discipline.
- Five Years (5) working experience in administrative role with at least Three years (3) experience working with an NGO.
- Knowledge of the North-East.
- Working knowledge of pertinent regulations including the Federal Acquisition.
- Regulations and knowledge of USAID Assistance and Acquisition rules and regulations is an added advantage.
- Embraces the culture and value of Nuru Nigeria especially servant leadership,
- transparency and high sense of accountability.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
Nuru Nigeria Offers
- Salary is competitive depending on qualifications, skills and experience.
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or
ethnic origin, age and differently able, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and Resume / CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Non – discriminatory Employment Clause
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of ethnicity, colour, gender, religion, socio-economic status,age,disability or health status.
- The management of Nuru Nigeria reserves the right to verify all of the applicant’s information and conduct background checks on shortlisted candidates including reaching out to his/her previous employer.
we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.