The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer I
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Receive calls, route calls, take messages and manage the Director’s schedule and ensure it is updated regularly as the required.
- File and retrieve corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Handle visitors to the office of the Executive.
- Read and analyse incoming memos, submissions, and distribute them as needed.
- Perform office duties that include ordering supplies and manage records database.
- Prepare Travel Authorization (TA) and expense reports; make purchases using the Oracle system, reports, memos, letters, and other documents.
- Use OSRA to make fund transfers and other requests.
- Provide general administrative support to the Director and the Directorate.
- Research and collect data to prepare documents for review and presentation by Executives.
- Develop templates for data collection as requested by the Executive.
- Make travel arrangements, hotel bookings and ensure the necessary visas and travel documentation for the Supervisor’s trips.
- Prepare for physical, virtual meetings and accurately record minutes of meetings.
- Perform additional related duties as may be requested by the Supervisor.
- BSc / HND in Secretarial / Business Administration or related field with a minimum of four(4) years’ experience in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite.
- Experience as a virtual assistant.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level of verbal and written communications skills.
- Good customer service skills, ability to deal with all levels of visitors, requestors, and must be a good team player.
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shouldapply to the Head of Human Resources, by submitting a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (including the selected crop he/she is applying for), names and addresses of three referees.
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 19th February, 2021.