Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016 and is present in North-Eastern part of Nigeria. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North West region of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Activity Manager
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Employment Type: Full-time
- The activity manager is in charge of carrying out and accomplishing the objectives as defined in the operation proposals.
- He/she is responsible for the supervision of the operational teams assigned the WASH / NFI /Shelter activity.
- He/she must ensure that the WASH/ Shelter activities are well executed and deliver quality results, where appropriate, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure relevance.
List of Main Tasks
Diagnostics and Project Conception:
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of diagnostics
- Implement the activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy, SOLIDARITES International’s technical requirements and the donor’s criteria
- Participate in the development of the WASH/Shelter team’s capacity in regard to techniques or new methodologies
- Participate in the design and the financial dimension of the human and logistical programs to implement
- Prepare the appendixes and technical chapters (of logical framework) of operation proposals
Implementation and Operational Follow-up:
- Plan the WASH/Shelter activity (ies) with the support department (Administration, logistics) according to the set objectives
- Use the SI management and monitoring tools for the activities, results and context
- Plan and supervise the implementation of the WASH/Shelter activity(ies) under his/her responsibility
- Anticipate difficulties in the carrying out of the WASH/Shelter activity(ies) and facilitate problem solving
- Suggest new …activity… activity directions in accordance with context and indicators
- In cooperation with the administrative department, help draw up budgets for his/her activity(ies), budget follow up and proposal budgets for the program parts
- Prepare Internal Order Forms (IOF) and follow orders using the logistics service
- Assess the relevance of activities, the effectiveness of interventions, and their appropriateness in light of changing circumstances and the needs of populations
- Propose adjustments to programs if necessary
- Make sure the objectives for the activity(ies) under his/her responsibility are achieved
- Suggest and implement monitoring indicators for the WASH/Shelter activity(ies) and context
- Report the state of decentralized inventory to the logistics department (“field” inventory)
- Write the capitalization documents in accordance with SI tools
- Prepare handover reports before the end of his/her employment contract and forward them to concerned parties in the mission and at headquarters
- Ensure diffusion of SI technical documentation
- Recruit the national technical staff for his/her activity(ies)
- With the administrative department, define the prerequisites for the WASH/Shelter vacant positions and, if necessary, adapt the referent job profile.
- Serve as an intermediary between team leaders
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility
- Conduct workshops and regular or ad hoc meetings
- Evaluate the performance of the members of his/her team(s)
- Identify team members’ potential for advancement and communicate this information to the program manager/desk HR Referent
- Welcome and brief new employees or volunteers working under his responsibility
- Implement training activities in accordance with WASH/Shelter operational requirements and the identified training needs.
- Make sure his/her team(s) follow the safety rules
Reporting / Communication / Representation:
- Share with the appropriate authority any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety
- Maintain a local operational communication network and positive relations with the local/governmental authorities, donor representatives, UN and other international agencies in cooperation with the program manager and Program Coordinator
- Represent Solidarités International in meetings or forums concerning the WASH/Shelter activities within his employment location
- Represent SI on request and/or delegation
- Respond to the requirements of Headquarters concerning specific needs
- Write the administrative documents to be signed (MOU, handover…) jointly with governmental authorities, communities or partners
- Write regular reports concerning the progress of the activity(ies) under his/her responsibility
- Write reports and annexes concerning his/her activity(ies) for donor reports and/or amendment
- Ensure compliance with reporting deadlines and guidelines
- Communicate with team leaders concerning the progress and results of their activity(ies)
- Resident of Zamfara State (position not opened to delocalization)
- Minimum of two years’ experience as Activity Manager or in a similar role
- BSC degree in Engineering or similar background
- Fluent in spoken and written English, Hausa and Fulani, ability to read and write
- A good listener, a good communicator, ability to prioritize and work with little supervision, team player, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of north west humanitarian context
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Familiarity with electronic databases
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs in a timely manner
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Select Activity Manager – Gusau Base, Zamfara State, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Hard copy applications will also be received in our Solidarites Intenational Gusau Office at Karma Guess – Gusau not later than Tuesday 22nd December 2020!
- As position is required as soon as possible
- Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date
We are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 22nd December, 2020.