ZOLA Electric is the leading renewable energy brand in Africa, helping customers to light their homes, power small businesses, stay connected and expand opportunities for work and study. We are a growth-stage start-up that’s on track to light a million homes in Africa with clean, affordable solar energy. ZOLA Electric combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer African homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid.
The company was founded in 2012, and investors include Tesla, Vulcan Capital, DBL Partners, Helios Investment Partners, EDF, Total, and GE Ventures. ZOLA Electric is a recipient of the UN Momentum for Change Award, the Zayed Future Energy Prize and is a member of the Global Cleantech 100.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- We are looking for an Accountant with strong communication skills and the ability to work well within a global team. If you are successful, you will play a critical role as the primary finance contact in our Nigeria office.
- While working within a global finance team you will also work closely with the local procurement and sales team supporting the accounts payable and accounts receivable function.
- You will be involved in tax filings, supporting internal and external audits and be responsible for month end reconciliations.
- The Accountant will play a critical support role in ensuring our Nigeria operations run smoothly. The position will be based in Lagos and involves working with the local team in Nigeria and will be part of the finance team that is based in Amsterdam.
- Ensuring invoices are in compliance with the P2P policy and shared on a timely basis
- Supporting the Accounts receivable function
- Managing day to day requests for finance information in the country
- Providing support for internal and external audits
- Drive the payments process in Nigeria ensuring timelines are adhered to
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT and WHT filings, and supporting the CIT and TP filings
- Answering supplier queries
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 3-5 years accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting principles
- Detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Ethical team player who can work under pressure and is willing to learn
- Office based and willing to work extended hours to meet financial deadlines
- Knowledge of accounting software
- Understanding of the local business environment
- Interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- we are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged.
• We reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement
• We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• Scam Warning:
We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
• Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced.
• Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview or the next stage of the recruitment process.